Non Lucrative Visa in Spain

Non Lucrative Visa in Spain

The Non Lucrative Visa is ideal for people who want to experience living in Spain without working. This guide will walk you through everything you need to know about this type of visa, including eligibility requirements and how to apply for it.

Spain is a popular destination for foreigners seeking a new home. The non lucrative visa offers a unique opportunity for individuals to begin their journey towards permanent residency and eventually Spanish citizenship.
What is a Non Lucrative Visa?

A non lucrative visa in Spain is a residency permit that allows individuals to live in the country without engaging in any type of professional or economic activity. It also allows individuals to bring family members with them, such as a spouse or children.

In order to qualify for a non lucrative visa, applicants must have proof that they have the financial resources to support themselves and any family members that may come along with them. This means that they must have a monthly income of at least EUR27,792 for a single applicant and at least EUR600 for each dependant family member.

Traditionally, Digital Nomads have used this type of visa to travel and enjoy the Spanish lifestyle. However, in recent years, there have been reports of people being denied a non lucrative visa because they plan to work remotely while living in Spain. This has created a lot of confusion for Digital Nomads and remote workers who are looking to relocate to Spain.
What are the Requirements for a Non Lucrative Visa?

Many people use this visa to live in Spain while continuing to work remotely for their employer abroad. However, you should be careful when explaining this on your application as some embassies may have a stricter view on this and refuse your visa if they believe that you will be working in Spain illegally.

A non lucrative visa requires you to demonstrate a lower amount of assets and passive income than the golden visa (EUR30,000 in bank accounts, plus EUR7,200 for spouse or dependent family members). In addition, you must have private health insurance that covers you and your family while living in Spain.

The application process is usually started in your country of origin and can take between 2 and 3 months to complete. When you receive a response, you will need to travel to your local Spanish embassy or consulate to get your visa and have your fingerprints recorded. Afterwards, you can begin your new life in Spain!
How to Apply for a Non Lucrative Visa?

The Non Lucrative Visa (NLV) is a popular option for foreigners looking to move to Spain and enjoy a low cost of living. Many Digital Nomads use the NLV to work remotely and travel while in Spain. However, recently there have been a lot of reports of NLV applications being denied due to the fact that they plan to continue working remotely.

The NLV is valid for 1 year initially and can be renewed for 2 years. It requires the holder to prove that they have enough passive income to support themselves and any family members who will join them in Spain.

The NLV also allows the holder to participate in educational centers and non-paid internships. Additionally, the NLV holder is required to spend at least 183 days in Spain per year in order to renew their visa. This typically triggers an obligation to pay Spanish taxes on worldwide income. However, the country has a number of double taxation treaties that avoid this.
How to Renew a Non Lucrative Visa?

The non lucrative visa is a temporary residence permit and needs to be renewed. To renew the visa, you must demonstrate that you have enough financial resources to maintain yourself and your family members while in Spain. This can be done by showing that you have a minimum of EUR30,000 in a bank account or, if you receive passive income such as rental of property to third parties, a monthly income of at least EUR2,400.

You will also need to show that you have private health insurance with no co-pay (or deductible) contracted with an insurance entity authorized to operate in Spain. If you are applying for a renewal with children, you will need to submit proof that the children are attending school and doing well.

Once you have renewed your visa for five years, you can apply to become a legal resident and switch your temporary visa for a permanent residency permit. This allows you to work in Spain if you so choose.non lucrative visa spain

Post Comment